In the Stars I’ll Find You — Soon Available in Print!
Last year, I ran a Kickstarter called Six by Six. In it, I teamed up with five other authors to create short story collections with at least six stories in each. I ended up adding a few extra stories as stretch goals, but there were a few stories that hadn’t yet reverted to me, and I really wanted them both in the collection.
The collection is called In the Stars I’ll Find You & Other Tales of Futures Fantastic. It has mostly science fictional tales, with a few steampunk and science fantasy thrown in for good measure.
Here’s the table of contents for the new collection:
- Quinta Essentia – Sean Brannon’s body was ruined by David Lock, a scientist driven by his quest to unlock the secrets of Quinta Essentia, the most elusive of the magical elements. However, it’s only after the Jovians land that Sean and David both discover the real secrets of the fifth element.
- In the Stars I’ll Find You – Erin O’Shea finds herself at odds with her sister, Tara, and it’s only after a mission to a habitable planet, light years distant from Earth, that Erin truly understands her sister’s point of view, but by then it may be far too late to reconcile.
- Chasing Humanity – The world has been waiting for the transcendence of artificial intelligence for decades. It finally arrives, but the AI is immediately plunged into mystery when it, and its creator, both disappear.
- Bloom – A scientist struggles to contain a viral outbreak that threatens the world’s food supplies, “Bloom” is a story of heroism even in the face of unstoppable political forces.
- Compartmentalized – Mitch has been hiding something. The trouble is, he no longer has any idea what it is, not after he’d submitted himself to a new procedure known as compartmentalization. There’s a part of Mitch that wants to learn more, but another part is desperate to keep it from him.
- Cirque de la Lumière — A circus troupe runs into more trouble than it bargained for when it discovers that cargo they’d been hired to smuggle is in fact a girl in stasis. The question is not only who would send the girl and why, but what they’ll do to keep it hidden.
- Foretold — Maks’s ability to foretell the future have become untrustworthy in recent years, and it all started when his apprentice, Yevgeniy began challenging not only Maks’s authority, but his abilities. When an ill-fated mission to the Ural Mountains threatens to tear the crew of their steam-powered walker apart, both Maks and Yevgeniy’s skill will be required to survive, but can they put aside their differences in time to do so?
- Flashed Forward – A story about a man who kickstarts his leap into the future. As is normal for Kickstarter’s, it’s only after the project funds that things get really interesting.
- And a Girl Named Rose – A ship’s AI struggles with the loss of its human cargo. When one of the last, a girl named Rose, threatens to leave as well, it strikes emotions in the ship it didn’t realize it had. But does it happen to late to save Rose?
- Upon the Point of a Knife – Jonah is an orphan who runs the streets of 1800?s Providence, but everything changes when an old man approaches him and offers him a knife that doesn’t draw blood, but one’s very soul.
- No Viviremos Como Presos – Miguel only has his grandfather’s best interests at heart, but when his grandfather starts talking about an organization whose motto is “We will not live as prisoners,” Miguel becomes worried.
The Kickstarter is going to be for the print edition, but I’ll have the ebooks for sale as well. If you were part of the Kickstarter for Six by Six, you’re already entitled to the ebook version of this final, larger collection. The only reason for you to join the new Kickstarter is if you want a print version. FYI, I’ve already sent out an update via Kickstarter that has the details. If you didn’t get them, feel free to contact me on my Contact Page.
Here’s the cover for the ebook:
For those who would be interested in print, the new books are going to look awesome. The cover features are from one of my favorite fantasy artists, Donato Giancola. I’ve worked up the near-final version of the hardcover.
I’m excited to offer the hardcover as a limited edition run of 100 copies. It’ll be available for Kickstarter backers first. If we run out there, that’ll be it. I’ll be offering a trade paperback as well, which will look basically the same but without end flaps.
The Kickstarter is going to start on Tuesday, January 19th and run through Thursday, February 18th. I’ll be posting more here as the date approaches and when we launch. Thanks, all!