Fifteen-Chapter Sampler Now Available for Winds

I'm very excited to announce that Night Shade has created a sampler ePub and PDF for The Winds of Khalakovo. It is available both here on the main book page and on the new Winds of Khalakovo page on Night Shade's site. It's also available for download on Goodreads.com.

My thanks goes out to my editor, Ross Lockhart, for making this available. Thanks, Ross!

Also, for anyone out there looking to get Winds in ebook format, they will be available on roughly April 1st, the original publication date.

1. Paul (@princejvstin)

March 11, 2011 at 11:46 am

I've heard of your book when you've mentioned stuff on the Night Bazaar…now for me to try a sample and see if I like it… :)

March 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Awesome! I hope you enjoy, and please let me know what you think of it!

• Paul (@princejvstin)

March 24, 2011 at 9:35 am

I did like it. I want more.  I had forgotten, though, that the ebook is not out until April 1st. I went to order it for my new Kindle, in vain.  Just have to wait a week. :)

March 24, 2011 at 9:45 am

I'm really itching to have it out there available as an ebook as well. Thanks for the interest, Paul. April 1st can't get here soon enough!

• Paul (@princejvstin)

March 24, 2011 at 9:59 am

One of the things that attracted me to your book is your use  of Russian culture as inspiration.  Its not as common as Western European cultures as templates for fantasy milieus.
            It also helps my interest that one of the RPG characters I am playing right now is from a culture that the GM and I explicitly borrowed some Russian elements from to help develop. Joao Galitzin would just love the world of  Khalakovo (Except the windships. He's from the ocean depths…)

March 24, 2011 at 10:11 am

The RPG world sounds cool. What system are you using?

• Paul (@princejvstin)

March 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm

A hack of the old Amber Diceless system.  I'm a longtime Amber gamer, and have myself been running an Amber play by email game for more years than I am embarassed to mention.  I also run an Exalted face to face game, and play some others with a local gaming group.